Sunday, January 19, 2014

Valentine's Day Banner

 For a while now, I have been super inspired by a friend's commitment to celebrate "life".  She tries to decorate or do something special with her family for each and every big and little holiday.  (You can check out some of the ways she has celebrated these special moments HERE on her blog.) My life has been anything but stable for a good while now, so I've had to settle for just making it through the day most days, but recently I found I had the time and energy to create a little sweet and simple banner in honor of Valentine's Day.

(click on the picture to enlarge)

To create my banner I used Spellbinder's Lace Hearts die set.  I die-cut enough to string the length of my entry hall mirror, half without the lace center and the other half with the lace pattern cut out.  Spellbinders creates their dies with great versatility giving you so many options to chose from, from just one die set. (Not picture are 6 Beaded Circles die cuts in pink.)  I traced and cut out the white hearts to layer behind the lace heart die cut.

 I used my favorite adhesive, Beacon's 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, to adhere a white heart to the back of each lace heart die cut.



I punched out 1 1/4" white circles and stamped the letters B-E-M-I-N-E on them, then layered them on top of the pink beaded circle die cut.  The stamp set I used is one of my faves: Crafty Secrets Artsy Stamp Set.  It was one of my very first purchases ages ago at a scrapbooking convention that used to be called The Great American Scrapbooking Convention. It has long since changed its name but I can't remember what to, oh well! Lol!  

Aren't these dies just so gorgeous?!  Look at those intricate designs.  I'm in love.  ;)



Hi!  Note to self, clean mirror before you take your final pics! I taped these onto some sweet light pink ribbon and then onto my entry way mirror.  I just adore it!  The rest of my house isn't quite so put together (we recently moved in back in November) so if I ever feel like things aren't looking as I've hoped, I can just stand in my entryway and feel a bit better!  Lol!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Keep being creative and go out and get your DIY on!

Blessings,
Janice 


5 comments:

paper crafter said... Best Blogger Tips

You are the Banner Queen! Love it! Thanks for the tutorial!
Lynn Leusch

Lagene said... Best Blogger Tips

B E A U T I F U L Banner!

Mrs B said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Janice. Love your banner! Take care.

Maxine D said... Best Blogger Tips

Fabulous banner Janice - I do so love that die!! Mirrors - aren't they there to collect spots? ;-).
Blessings
Maxine

Cccamfunder said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm really enjoying the design and arrangement of your website. Its exceptionally stress-free on the eyes which has the effect of making it much more enjoyable for me to turn up here and pop in more frequently. Did you employ a designer to create your theme? Awesome work!

Cardsharing Server